The schedule for the 2013 4thFest is listed on this page. All events are FREE to the public. Major sponsors include: City of Madisonville, First United Bank and Trust Co, Hopkins County Tourist and Convention Commission, and Baptist Health
Tuesday, July 2nd at Madisonville City Park:
- 6-9 p.m. — Praise in the Park – Bring your family and the lawn chairs and enjoy an evening of Christian music performed by five local groups on the main stage at the city park. Performers include: Mayor & Friends featuring Mayor David Jackson and Leighann Jackson, Lynette Lewis & Barry and Marla Potter; LifePoint Church Praise Band, AltarVue, Grapevine Christian Church’s Praise; and More Than Less from Pritchett’s Chapel.
Wednesday, July 3 at Trover Wellness park on the Baptist Health Campus:
- 8:30 p.m. — Free outdoor movie night featuring The Croods!Sponsored by Baptist Health. This is a new release. This prehistoric comedy adventure follows the world’s first family as they embark on the journey of a lifetime when the cave that has always shielded them from danger is destroyed. Traveling across a spectacular landscape, the family discovers an incredible new world filled with fantastic creatures — and their outlook is changed forever. Summary: PG · 1hr 38min · Animation. Director: Chris Sanders
- Non-profit vendors will be selling concessions such as popcorn, drinks, cookies, etc.
Thursday, July 4 – 4thFest at the City Park
- Bouncing B’s – Sponsored by Hopkins County Tourist and Convention Commission
- 5-10 pm Food Vendors – Grilled pork tenderloin, hot dogs, hamburgers, strawberry shortcakes, fried Oreos, Nachos, funnel cakes, lemon shake-ups, watermelon, fried pickles, icee, sorbet, chips, drinks, and much more. All vendors are local non-profit organizations raising funds to support their programs. (Hopkins County Central Band Boosters, Hopkins County Central Cheer Boosters, James Madison School Cheerleaders, Ladies “Circle of Friends” from Walnut Grove Family Worship Center, Madisonville North Hopkins Cheerleaders, Madisonville North Hopkins Football Boosters, United Way of the Coalfield)
- 6-10 pm Beer Garden – Sponsored by the Madisonville-Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce – Adults 21 and older can enjoy beer and wine coolers in the designated beverage area. No alcoholic beverages are allowed in any other area of the park. Prices vary.
- 6-9 pm Live performace by Conch Republic – Sponsored by First United Bank and Trust – CONCH REPUBLIC is a “Trop Rock” or beach band and the recipient of the 2010 and 2011 Rising Star Award for Top Beach Band by GigMasters.com, the number one online booking venue for world-class performers. . The CONCH REPUBLIC show is high-energy and focuses on crowd participation.
- During Conch Republic’s Intermission- Let Freedom Sing – Final Round – Sponsored by First United Bank
- Fireworks – 9 pm – Sponsored by the City of Madisonville, Special performance by the Madisonville Community College Singers, directed by Music Minister Bill Thomas
Friday, July 5th Madisonville Tradewater Pirates baseball game at Elmer Kelley Stadium at Madisonville City Park
- 7 pm – Madisonville Tradewater Pirates vs. Fulton Railroaders – Sponsored by Madisonville Lions Club, Rotary Club of Madisonville and Madisonville Noon Kiwanis.