The City of Madisonville, along with Madisonville Regional Airport, is proud to host Wings Over Western Kentucky- an airshow that promises to be an exciting family event on Saturday, October 7, 2023. The event is free and open to the public, starting at 10:00 am, and will feature a variety of exciting aviation acts along with static display aircraft.
The airshow is a great opportunity for the community to come together, enjoy aviation entertainment, and appreciate the important role that aviation plays in daily life. The Airshow not only provides entertainment for the spectators; but also creates an opportunity for local businesses to showcase their products and services to a broader audience. There will be local food and dessert vendors along with a kid’s area, making it a great day for the whole family. Don’t forget to bring your own chairs to enjoy the show! We look forward to seeing you there.
Madisonville Regional Airport Manager, Emily Herron, said “We are thrilled to host Wings Over Western Kentucky, as it will be a great opportunity for us to showcase our airport and the facility upgrades we have made over the last several years. The event is an excellent platform to feature the importance of aviation to Madisonville and the surrounding community. We are confident the event will bring positive attention and economic benefit to the area.”
Wings Over Western Kentucky is an exciting and unique event that will feature both modern and historical aircraft, and visitors will be treated to a truly memorable experience. So be sure to join the Madisonville Regional Airport and the City of Madisonville on Saturday, October 7, 2023, for this spectacular event! We look forward to seeing you there!
Kevin Cotton, Mayor of Madisonville said, “The City of Madisonville is proud to host the inaugural Wings Over Western Kentucky airshow at the Madisonville Regional Airport. Our community is sure to be thrilled with the sights and sounds of the event! A special thanks to the City of Madisonville’s Tourism Committee and the City Council for their continuous support when it comes to bringing events like the airshow to Madisonville.”
Saturday, Oct 7
- Gates Open
- Static displays, airplane & helicopter rides, food & beverage vendors, kids inflatables
- Aircraft Static Displays (1937 Douglas DC-3 — Flagship Detroit Foundation, 1944 North American B-25 Mitchell – Commemorative Air Force, Super Decathlon — Sport Aerobatic Aircraft, 1939 Piper J-3 Cub, & various general aviation aircraft)
- Formal Flying Display Begins
- Air Show Announcer Luke Carrico, Misty Blues – All Women Parachute Team
- Susan Dacy – Boeing Super Stearman Biplane
- Skipper Hyle – North American Harvard
- Charlie Morris – Super Decathlon
- RT Dickson – North American P-51 Mustang “Swamp Fox”
- Brian Correll – Muscle Pitts Biplane
- Misty Blues – All Women Parachute Team
- Commemorative Air Force – North American B-25 Mitchell “Show Me”
- Bill Culberson – Canadair CT-133 Silver Star “Black Knight”
- & more to be added once confirmed!
- Formal Flying Display Ends
- World War II B-25 Mitchell Rides
- Flagship Detroit DC-3 Rides
- Gates Close
For more information on this event go to www.wingsoverwesternkentucky.com