On behalf of the Downtown Turnaround (DTP), Hopkins County Art League and Hopkins County Tourist & Convention Commission, fine artists are invited to participate in the Fall Gallery Hop in downtown Madisonville, Kentucky, scheduled for Saturday, November 7, 4:00-8:00pm.
As distinguished from traditional arts-related festivals currently staged in our region, our Gallery Hop is an adult-oriented event, the primary focus of which is the showing and selling of fine art by the participating artisans. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to show and sell your work to a large audience!
The deadline for participation in the Fall Gallery Hop is Monday, October 26.
Please submit the Gallery Hop Application. For more information, call (270) 821-4171.
Gallery Hop Details/Guidelines:
- Participation is encouraged of all professional fine artists irrespective of their medium…paint, pottery, fiber, jewelry, glass, photography, sculpture…whatever! However, in keeping with our goal to produce a unique fine arts event, works displayed must themselves be unique, creative and original in nature. While we respect and appreciate the talent and dedication of all artists, works that are of a nature best described as “craft,” i.e., similar to or copied from other works or created by use of a kit, are not appropriate for this event.
- Artisans participating in our Gallery Hop will show their work in existing gallery space as well as temporary galleries transformed from vacant storefronts, all within an approx. 3-block area. Use of this space is free to the artists.
- Collections of original art may be shown in an independent gallery, if the volume or size of work so dictates. While the creating artist does not have to be present with their work, a sales person must be present at all times.
- While DTP will make arrangements to acquire use of vacant storefronts for the event, the artist(s) utilizing such space will be responsible for “creating” their own gallery, including necessary cleaning, providing display equipment, setup and staff, as well as clean-up after the event has concluded. Any restrictions imposed by the owner of the storefront, such as to not put nails in the walls, must be observed.
- Music and/or food and drinks may be offered in each gallery space at the discretion and expense of the participating artist(s). Alcoholic beverages will be permitted, but must be complimentary to gallery visitors.