In the late 1800s Hanson, Kentucky was a popular railroad stop for traders and tourists. Today, Hanson’s historic downtown is a gathering place for people who are passionate about arts and antiques.
The city’s annual Village Arts Festival is the first of several events that take place throughout the year along the city’s charming business district. The 2012 Village Arts Festival will be from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, March 24. With a variety of activities, the festival offers something for everyone.
- Artists and crafters from throughout the tri-state will display and sell their work.
- More than 25 authors will be on hand for the book fair.
- Fans of the fabric arts will enjoy the quilt exhibit and sale.
- Watch a real chainsaw artist at work.
- Bring a lawn chair and enjoy live music all day at the downtown gazebo.
- Learn new crafts at one of the hands-on workshops.
- Bring the kids for special craft classes, held every hour throughout the day.
For more information about the Hanson Village Arts Festival, call 270-322-0930.